Loving. Learning. Engineering. Life.


Friday, November 9, 2012

Half Marathon Training {Update 2}

Just a few days until my half marathon, and I realized I have not really posted a running update since my training started.  Oh well...here's the training breakdown:
  • 8 weeks
  • 129 miles
  • 5k mud run
  • Longest distance run: 11 mi
As far as the training itself, I have to admit it lacked variety.  I didn't do much in the way of speed or strength training...just running.  I always tried to incorporate at least a few hills in my distance runs.  Most of my runs took place in the morning, with start times around 6 AM.  Getting my runs done this early had many perks:
  1. Taking in the orange-blue sunrise
  2. Hearing the coyotes howl in the distance (and crossing the path of a few of 'em)
  3. Not having to deal with traffic (and wierdos who honk at you)
  4. Being done with my run before the work day (and having the evenings for hunnie + Georgia time...and homework time)
A few days ago if you'd asked my if I felt ready for my run, I would have said "yes".  Now I find myself somewhat exhausted from an intense week of Master's work.  Not to mention I woke up all achy and throbby-headed at 1 am this morning.  Hopefully the combination of Advil, Airborne, and some spicy, ginger-y Dahl (lentil soup) will do the trick of getting me back on my feet by Sunday.  Even if I haven't overcome this cold by then, I will still have a ton of inspiration/motivation on the day of the race, as I celebrate all the American Veterans that are apart of my life and all those that support and protect my country every day. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment