Loving. Learning. Engineering. Life.


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Challenge {Marathon Update 1}

With a thesis and a graduation done and Christmas around the corner (more on those later), it has been really difficult to focus on my next big challenge: My 1st Full Marathon.  I've got the hotel reservation, now all I need to do is make it through some serious mileage.  While my thesis kept me from sustaining my training, I was still able to get in some good runs and a hike with the family.  So for this week's training I'm skipping over any build-up (assuming I can at this stage still run a half-marathon) and am heading straight into full throttle marathon training.

Some of my personal goals for a successful week of training:
  1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep
  2. Ice any soreness for 10-15 minutes after a run
  3. Drink at least 4 glasses of water before AND after workouts
I'm excited to get 'er done.
 
 
Wednesday
Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Total
Hills/6 mi
Bikram Yoga
Tempo 5 mi
15 mi
Rest
26 mi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment