Loving. Learning. Engineering. Life.


Friday, June 1, 2012

A-Mountain Hike & A Mountain of Salad

As my mother would say, "Nothing better than a long, torturous hike on a hot day."  The mercury reached a dry 103 yesterday, which, for me, meant filling up my Camelpak, slabbing on some sunscreen and hitting A-Mountain after work.  Circling up A-Mountain, I enjoyed 360 degree views of our bustling little desert town.  During my hike, I created a mental list of the groceries I had at home and how I could turn them into a fast and refreshing post-workout dinner.  Yes, it's true...I think about food when I'm working out.  This salad is the result of my mental indulgence, complete with greens from my hunnie's dad's garden and steak leftover from Memorial Day grilling.  It was easy and delicious (AND I enjoyed a buttery roll too)--exactly what I needed after a long workout and an even longer day at work.

Tangy Steak Salad
3 oz steak
2 cup mixed greens
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
8 grape tomatoes, halved
1/6 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
organic (no salt) seasoning, dash

Toss ingredients together and enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment